Sabut Masoor ki Dal
- 1 cup masoor dal
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch adrak, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 2 nos tejpatta
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2-3 nos hari mirchi slit
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dhaniya powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Fresh dhaniya leaves, chopped
- Wash and cook masoor dal with four cups of water, salt and adrak in a pressure cooker till three whistles. Heat oil in a deep pan, add jeera seeds and tejpatta.
- When the jeera seeds begin to crackle, add tomatoes and stir-fry till fat separates.
- Add hari mirchi, garam masala powder, dhaniya powder and red chilli powder and sauté for a minute. Add cooked masoor dal to the mixture and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about ten minutes. Serve hot garnished with chopped dhaniya leaves.